Red Velvet White Chocolate Cookies
If you can’t bear the thought of fighting over the last heart-shaped box of chocolates at the drugstore for Valentine’s Day, this recipe is for you.
If you really want to impress your Valentine with a homemade treat, this recipe is for you.
If you really, really want just one freakin’ hour to yourself to binge on Netflix and cookies, this recipe is especially for you. And me.
If only someone would invent a cookie where the calories didn’t count.
Can I get an AMEN?
Google should put some resources into developing that instead of the self-driving car. Way more market potential.
These red velvet cookies are filled with decadent white chocolate and dusted with powdered sugar. The best part? They fall into that semi-homemade category, making them easier to make than they look. Take that Russell Stover.
Happy Valentine’s Day folks! Now, go make these cookies!
RED VELVET WHITE CHOCOLATE COOKIES
(recipe from the Red Velvet Butter Cookies at the fabulous Buns In My Oven)
1 box Red Velvet cake mix
8 ounces cream cheese
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup white chocolate chips
*optional* powdered sugar
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Beat together butter and cream cheese until well combined.
3. Add in egg and vanilla, then mix in the cake mix until well combined.
4. Finally, gently fold in the white chocolate chips.
5. Round tablespoons full of dough into balls, roll balls into powdered sugar and place on baking sheet. (I like my cookies a little flatter, so I pressed mine down a tad before baking). Make sure and line the baking sheet with parchment or if you don’t have that, grease the cookie sheet.
6. Bake for 10 – 12 minutes. You want the top to be set, but the inside still gooey. Don’t over-bake! Cool on a wire rack. Enjoy!
Thanks for reading today! If you’re still looking for yummy inspiration, try one of these!
Chewy Swedish Gingersnap Cookies